Wednesday 15 December 2010

Shadow Quilt

Whilst I haven't been doing much sewing recently I have still been buying fabric (oops!) and I grabbed this little charm pack of gorgeous oriental fabrics from the Sandown Quilt show last summer.  I hadn't really got a plan form them - I was just attracted to the shinyness.

Now I have a plan:


This will be a 30" wall hanging to hang somewhere in the house.  When we moved in I had all sorts of plans for hanging pretty things around the place and over a year on the walls are still bare.  I've clearly been slacking and need to fix this... the only trouble is that i don't seem to have any fabric that will work for the shadows and background... I shall just have to go do some more shopping!

The wall hanging was inspired by this quilt from The Free Motion Quilting Project blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment