Wednesday 4 January 2012

A Quilt for Grandad

This is a quilt which I made for Rob's grandad.  We wanted to give him something nice for Christmas as unfortunately it looks like this may be his last and a quilt seemed to fit the bill perfectly - something made with love to add a splash of colour and hopefully keep him warm this winter.

I needed to make the quilt quickly so I dug out my copy of Jelly Roll Quilts and decided to use the Pandora's Box pattern.  I used a jelly roll of Moda's Little Gatherings line and bordered and bound it with yardage of one of the same fabrics.  The backing is a re-purposed duvet cover from Matalan (which I forget to photograph).  Because the quilt is quite large and geometric I kept the quilting very simple and quilted in the ditch between each of the blocks in invisible thread.  The borders are simply filled with parallel lines 1" apart.



Overall I'm very pleased with how this worked out, it is definitely the fastest quilt I have ever made taking just a single weekend from cutting to completion, and most importantly Nana liked it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment