Wednesday 20 May 2009

A Fond Farewell

Today Aimee's Quilt was delivered to it's new owner and, if the immediate attempt to fall asleep under it was any indication, I think she likes it... phew! Mum seemed very impressed and particularly admired the stars I quilted in the border so I'm glad I decided to go for it and put them in. All in all, I think it will be very happy in its new home.

Baby Bargello was also delivered to the (absolutely adorable) new born and I think we're on the same wavelength because the first question was "how do I wash it"; no fears about this one getting stuck in a cupboard then!

To finish off my blogging about these quilts I thought I'd put in some links to the patterns for them:

Baby Bargello was started at a course at the Quilt Room but is based on this wonderful free pattern by Bonnie Hunter - I made the smallest sized quilt but cut it from 5 steps to 4 to make it a rectangle rather than a square.

Aimee's quilt was pretty much made up as I went along so I was careful to keep a note of what I did and have written up full instructions on how to make it just in case I want to make another one some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment