Wednesday 29 April 2009

Cheating FTW!

I am finally making some progress on my Fire & Ice Quilt; I decided that I'm not going to start anything new until I clear out at least some of my UFO's and since I really want to start playing with some arty samplers this is quite an incentive!

I've tried to get on and add the centres to this quilt a few times with no sucess and recently I even tried curved piecing to see if that was more interesting (which it was until I had to unpick it all!) and finally I decided that it absolutely had to get done and I really wasn't to bothered about the authenticity of my technique. So, bye bye to burnt fingers, freezer paper and irons and hello to printed templates and pritstick. I am quite simply sticking my fabric to my paper cut outs and then gluing the curved edges over too - takes about 1min/piece and I can do it in front of the telly; I'm getting beautifully curved edges, my sewing machine loves me and I'm actually enjoying this quilt at last! When the whole thing is done it is going to sit in a big tub of water until the glue dissolves (yes, it definately is water soluble!) and then go through the wash, problem solved.

Proof: I honestly did make some progess on this beastie!

No comments:

Post a Comment