Saturday 28 March 2009

Another Top Completed

Today Rob had a hangover so he slept in really late and then spent the afternoon playing on the internet so we didn't go to town as planned, on the flip side I got to do lots of sewing!

I finished the adjustments to my Baby Bargello and added on the borders so that's another top finished. Originally it was made up of 20x20 2" squares but I don't really like square quilts, and for a cot it seemed a little unwieldy, so today I carefully removed the centre two strips and one from each side as well so that now instead of 4 five-step panels I have 4 four-step panels. It's still nice and symetrical but the overall quilit is obviously now longer than it is wide. I added the plain 'inner' border onto it and laid it out to decide if I wanted to have one or two chequerboard rows as the outer border but when I saw it properly I decided that actually I liked it just how it was so it will be staying with the single border and is thus finished :D

Now to find the backing. Tommorrow we're heading into town to go swimming and Ikea is conveniently right next to the pool so I think i'll work in a little detour to see if I can pick up some cheap meterage from them; if not I'll call the Quilt Room and see if they have any of my stars fabric left.

No comments:

Post a Comment