Sunday 15 February 2009

Back to the Beauty

I'm still waiting for the extra background fabric for Aimee's Quilt to arrive and since i've caught the quilting bug again I decided to dig out Fire & Ice (my new york beauty quilt) and do a bit more work on it. I started this one around Feb 08 at a class at the Quilt Room that my mum treated me to for my birthday but foolishly I decided that the wall hanging sized quilt the class was based on looked a bit small for using (I don't really have the wall space to display quilts so they go on the bed / sofa) and scaled it up a touch from the 16 block example to a 48 block monstrosity. It turns out the foundation piecing takes nigh on forever thanks to all the rotary cutting after every seam. I have 32 acrs pieced so I'm getting there but I only made it through another 4 today before even the ironing started to look preferable to doing any more - this is definately a quilt to make in small pieces I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment