Friday 20 February 2009

Choices, Choices

Now that all the stars are pieced now for Aimee's Quilt I've run into a couple of new problems... What border should I use? And how on earth should I quilt this? The basic plan for the quilting is some sort of all over quilting pattern that I can run off on my machine - I don't really have time to quilt it by hand and paying for it to be long-armed would rather defeat the point of a cheap scrap quilt! Of course I've never actually quilted anything on my machine except for samplers so putting the plan into practice could be interesting. Still, you've got to start somewhere I guess!

I have a few options for the borders - I have enough of one of the purples and one of the pinks to make outer borders so I could go for thin purple/wide pink or vice versa, I could also bring in the backing fabric (my bargain batik) although I'm not sure if this will be too strong compared to the softer pinks in the pieced top. I shall have to ponder... Below are some snapshots I worked showing all the possible combinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment