Sunday 22 February 2009

Decision Made

Today I added the borders to Aimee's Quilt. My mum liked the colour of the pink roses with the blue inner border (top right in my previous post) but felt the roses were perhaps not quite a 3-year old pattern. I liked the butterflies more but wasn't sure if they were too bold. In the end Rob manfully stepped up and gave his opinion that butterflies and marbelled purple looked best and after some consideration I had to agree with him so that's what went on. I should ask him for advice more often it seems 'cos he was absolutely right and the butterflies look great - they also balance out all the white in the middle so it looks more 'girly' and less 'grandma'!

Edit: I was going to leave the odd pale lines in the top right corner alone but they started to really bug me (they're where the batik didn't dye right at the edges of the fabric). I've now carefully unpicked the seams up there and pieced in some of the spare border fabric - I have one more seam than there was before but it looks a lot better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment